Society loves to portray the Black Panthers as the villains in America. They’ll only tell you that they held guns and were “militant”. The Black Panthers did many positive things for the Black Community; the Free Breakfast Program is one of them. It was designed to feed Black Children a good breakfast each morning so they could retain information at school. Too many Black Children, to this very day, go to school hungry because they cannot afford food in the morning. It has been proven that students do not learn as well when they are hungry. The Panthers were aware of this and wanted to ensure they had the opportunity to receive an adequate meal. As Huey said, “The Children always inherit the Revolution” so obviously they needed and still need to be invested in. They’ll never tell you about this but I’m not surprised. “I Do Not Expect The White Media to Show Positive Black Images.” Written By @KingKwajo
10 Old Fashioned Dating Habits We Should Make Cool Again
1. Coming to the door to pick someone up.
2. Trying to dress really nicely for a date.
3. Bringing flowers or other tokens of affection to the first date.
4. Going dancing that’s not grinding on a grimy club floor.
5. Straightforwardly asking someone out and not calling it “hanging out.”
6. Additionally, being clear about when you’re “going steady.”
7. Romantic gestures like writing poems.
8. Turning electronics off and just being with one another.
9. The general concept of asking permission for things.
10. Not assuming sex is to be had at any point in time.
Seizure First Aid.
Learn it. Share it. Know it. Use it.
100% correct medical information on tumblr for once; also consider calling 911 if you don’t know how often the person has seizures and ESPECIALLY if the seizure has lasted 5 minutes or more (which is why the watch is critical)
This is so important!
Really good friend of mine from work back home had seizures a few times on the job. This is crucial information.